1 Follower
1 Ich folge
Tagediebin

Tagediebin

Give me a sec to figure this out.

Ich lese gerade

Soulless
T. Baggins
Bad Idea
Damon Suede
Houseboat on the Nile
Tinnean

Evenfall (In the Company of Shadows, #1)

Evenfall (In the Company of Shadows, #1) - Santino Hassell,  Ais 2,5 stars
Admittingly, I was hooked after the first half of Evenfall and I could finish it easily. Never mind that it would have been a real treat if the authors had tried to keep the book short and simple (and Boyd’s rambling inner voice isn’t the only thing that needs fixing in that regard) - a low-hanging fruit if ever I saw one :) - my real problems lay elsewhere.

The book felt sooo slow, like glacial slow at times. It gave me a lot of time to think about the many inconsistencies of the plot and characters along the way. Not so good. And I really don’t like it when authors take the easy way out – like Sin being tortured almost to death, but of course we can abandon that subject asap because physical pain doesn’t affect him mentally. The same with Boyd – he’s severely depressed for 6 months, but it’s enough that Sin comes back and off he goes on the next mission. Hm.

What else? Ah, yes, sex in ICoS. In a way I was probably expecting too much. For a book of 1400 pages I would have liked to see more than the 3 or 4 explicit scenes Boyd and Hsin had between them. Even worse, there was so little care given to developing their sexual relationship (everything in this book was over-analysed and over-described, but not the sex?). It felt rushed and everything was taken in stride.

In the end, I guess it comes down to one thing, Boyd or Hsin needs to be your drug of choice and all will be fine.

Still, for some reason I‘m going to have a look at the next book, give the boys another chance, I guess :)